- Australia’s idolization as an international student destination, mainly derives from its esteemed education
system, high standard of living and its laid-back nature.
- The meticulously regulated education system in Australia has translated to the graduates of Australian
institutes being highly sought after by international employers.
- It is important to note that many of the Australian education entities encourage flexibly study options,
along with work-integrated learning, an approach that is highly favored by employers.
- The fact that international students are allowed part-time work rights to help offset their living costs
while gaining work experience, makes Australia all the more attractive.
- Also, Australia is at the forefront of technological advancement. This has led to almost all Australian
classrooms being equipped with cutting-edge technology which has proved to be one of the biggest pull
factors for international students.
- Being home to an extensive mix of cultures, Australia boasts of rich cultural diversity that has been the
bedrock for its harmonious social setting. Australians are known to value the social sophistication that
international students bring into the mix.
- Needless to say. with its pristine beaches, tropical rain forests, dry deserts and vibrant cities, Australia is
home to just about all types of landscapes. This is known to be highly appealing to the wanderlust
- From apartments and hostels to home stays and self-contained residences, international students will
have a wide array of accommodation options to choose from.
Population: as of September 30 2022 is 26.1 Million (Australian bureau of statistics,2023)
Largest City: Sydney
Area: 7.7 million sq km (2.9 million sq miles)
Major Language: English
Major Religion: Christianity
Life Expectancy: 80 years (men), 84 years (women) (UN)
Monetary Unit: 1 Australian dollar = 100 cents
Main Exports: Ores and metals; wool, food, and live animals; fuels, transport machinery, and equipment
GNI Per Capita: US $55,330 (2021)
International Dialing Code: +61